Monday, November 12, 2007

Spinning Arrow

yesterday morning, towards the end of my meditation, when my mind was clear and peaceful and blank... and i just waited a few moments more before i ended my meditation, just basking in the Loving Presence... the image of a spinning arrow pointed downwards (like it was zooming in already for an X spot marked on the ground) appeared.

in moments like this, when i get unbidden and seemingly strange images during meditation, i pay even more attention, knowing from experience now that it always has a message for me.

so i just sat there and watched the arrow spin, as if boring into the ground.

and then, B's face appeared.

then the arrow, then B's face,... then the arrow again; alternatively flashing images of B and the spinning arrow.

i asked God to show me what it means, even as i ended my meditation.

***

today, i remember it and Google-searched for "spinning arrow" and what it could mean, even as, at the same time, i am reminded of the spinning arrow in Pocahontas.

this is what i found in one of my searches:

Pocahontas: My father wants me to marry Kocoum.

Grandmother Willow: Kocoum? But he's so serious!

Pocahontas: I know. My father thinks its the right path for me. But lately, I've been having this dream. I'm running through the woods. And then, right there in front of me, is an arrow. As I look at it, it starts to spin.

Grandmother Willow: A spinning arrow? How unusual.

Pocahontas: Yes! It spins faster, and faster, and faster, until suddenly it stops.

Grandmother Willow: Hmm. Well, it seems to me that this "spinning arrow" is pointing you down your path.



So... B is my Path, huh?

and the spinning arrow is not flying through the air anymore, but landing, boring, right on target X, into the ground.

hmmmm....
Post a Comment